The Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on investment banking fundamentals, industry terms, financial models, and best practices. The CIBA program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Participants take a hands-on approach to studying the investment banking business, learning about the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process, and evaluating firms based on various financial models. After doing so, you will become familiar with how M&A works, different valuation methods and preparing debt and equity offerings.
CIBA Syllabus & Study Guide Links:
The Step-by-Step Process to Earning the CIBA:
- Register for the CIBA program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide, syllabus.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Strategic project can be found within study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn CIBA designation and certification.
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CIBA can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll in the program, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CIBA certificate. To the left is an example of your certificate after completion of the CIBA program.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: John Louden runs Silverstone Capital Partners, a boutique private equity firm and investment banking firm. In this interview, he talks about how he has succeeded in his investment career and what his firm is doing right now. (Download this Expert Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CIBA program, you gain access to 35 instructional videos on investment banking. Here is an example video below:
Advanced Financial Modeling Techniques For Investment Bankers (Download this Video in MP4 Format)